Success Series One Folders
The forty folders are a unique approach to learning various skills and can be used in a variety of ways to ensure that your students grow in their knowledge of literary devices, writing, grammar, and vocabulary.
Content includes some of the following skills: sequencing, application to students' lives, compare / contrast, description, reading/ literature terms, elaboration / topic sentence, main idea, inference, prediction, books and songs, cartoon strips, characterization, expository writing, figurative language, modes of writing, poem analysis, quotation analysis, and more.
Possible Uses for the Success Folders:
- Partner Work While Teacher Conferences: While you conference one-on-one with students, the rest of the class can work on the same folder (a class set has been run). After a designated time period, the partners can be called on for quick answers for a grade.
- Whole-Class Instruction: Any or all of the folders—pictures, writings, and questions—can be copied for use as teaching devices for the entire class.
- Partners: Being able to work with a partner to discuss possible answers and revision techniques is a learning tool for students, as it proves to be less intimidating to have someone as a "sounding board."
- Individual Extension Exercises: If a student has completed the daily assignment and would like to explore other aspects of the language, he or she can start on a folder and finish it throughout the week.
- Individual Target Areas: If a student is having a problem with a certain skill, he or she can choose a folder to meet the skill needs and work at his or her own pace.
- Tests: Certain folders could serve as tests after a skill has been studied in class.
|Success Series One Folders||Details|
|Subjects Covered||Writing, Grammar, Vocabulary|
|Grade Levels|| Home School,
6 - 12th
|Total Pages||40 Folders|
Order using Paypal or Credit Card: